Priza Technologies is a global provider of hardware and software development and design services & production. Its core offering is to execute hardware, software co-development turn-key projects for mass manufacturing/production level distribution. With 3 strategic locations worldwide, Priza has customers in over 5 countries.
Selected Past Work
1D-2D color code decoding from printed images
Client: Color Code Technologies, Japan
1 Dimensional Color Code 2 Dimensional Color Code
Prizatech was responsible for developing the libraries & applications for decoding such codes on various mobile operating systems such as Symbian, iOS & Android.
The major challenges in this project were:
- Detection of the 1D & 2D code region
- Compensating for camera skew
- Color reproduction (using color quantization), under various lighting conditions and various paper colors & textures
- Performance (less than one sec for phones out in 2009)
- Robustness & high accuracy
Elliptical Augmented Reality Code Marker
Prizatech has invented the Elliptical Augmented Reality (EAR) code marker, and has developed fast & robust algorithms for detecting and tracking this marker.
It's circular design makes detection easier even when the code is skewed or seen through a poor camera.
It is aesthically appealing as the code can be placed on a light backgroud with a logo in the centre, as opposed to standard boring QR codes.
Color Correction & Image Enhancement for AR-enabled Pico Projectors
Left: Image projected by a pico projector, at a skew.
Right: Corrected image projected under same conditions.
Image undergoes color correction & enhancement, & perspective transformation correction.
A video demo of the above for correcting colors on a reddish surface
Secure Mobile Device
A secure mobile device attempts to authenticate a user based on whether his biometric information matches that on his smart card.
On the smart card is printed a QR code which contains this user authentication information.
Using this information, the device does face & fingerprint authentication.
This was implemented for an Android operating system. The application tracked the user's face in real time and continuously authenticated it, stopping once a certain similarity score was reached.
Other projects done
- Image Mosaicing
- Camera stabilization or Jerk removal
- Semantic Web/Natural Language Processing for increasing search relevance for Rediff.com
- Funval - a multi purpose user authentication system for Duzon (Korea)
- Digital Photo Frame - A digital photo frame that apart from photo sharing, also did video calls, allowed online shopping & auctions, showed news, weather, etc.
- Collaborative version-controlled document editing system for WriteMinds.
- Microsonic systems - A device with a 44MHz processing power to drive an RF based amplifier which eventually produced ultra-sonic waves, as well as control other parts of the system such as a water cylinder, etc.
- Helix Box - low cost device for driving educational content using the TV as a screen.